Mother’s Day Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

1. Cook a Meal For Her

A home cooked meal is a nice sentiment for your mum. Anyone would be happy to receive something that took time, energy, and research. Of course, there’s so many recipes to choose from but I recommend Beef Bourgogne. It’s a really good choice as it’s fairly easy to make, tastes fantastic, and it’s one of those dishes that seems like you spent the whole day cooking when really you took around 30 minutes. Recipe Link here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/sirloin-beef-burgundy-boeuf-bourguignon-recipe2/index.html

1. Make a Scrapbook

What better way to show your thanks than to produce a collection of memories? Okay, so you don’t have to include your embarrassing childhood photos. But making scrapbook can also be fun for you, looking back at how much you grew and how much you changed. It’s a very personal gift that mothers will be sure to enjoy. Take a look at this site which has tons of cool tips and ideas: http://www.scrapbook.com/.

1. Take Her Out for a Day of Shopping

Shopping therapy exists for a reason. What better reason to break the bank than for your own mother! Walking through shops, picking out something that she likes, and just having a fun time is a great way to spend Mother’s Day. Take a stroll at the Shops on Don Mills, an open mall where you get enjoy the fresh spring air while shopping at one the best selections of stores in Toronto.

1. Manicures! Pedicures! The Works!

A day at the spa is a day well spent. It’s not good to build up stress and everybody needs to relieve stress from daily work and life one way or another. Let worries fade away during a manicure, pedicure or better yet, the whole spa treatment! Not to mention, it’s the perfect way to spend some much needed quality time with mum!

Linguistics and Neuroscience double Major with a Minor in Psychology at the University of Toronto. I love sweet things, traveling, good books and horror movies :)
Natalie has recently completed her second year at the University of Toronto with a double major in History and Ethics, Society, and Law. She is excited to bring Her Campus to U of T and seeing it expand its presence in Canada. She is also active in the school's Model United Nations circles and numerous organizations off campus and is best described as a political and pop culture junkie. Born and raised in Toronto, she is blindingly proud of everything the city has to offer including the best school in the country, no matter what Macleans says, and its sports teams, no matter how many times they may lose or miss the playoffs.