Fatema Pardhan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Name:
Fatema Pardhan

Program: Pharmacology? at UTSG

Status: Taken!

Age: 21?

Celebrity Crush: George Clooney

How does it feel to be a Campus Cutie? I’m honoured! This is really cool!

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?? Hopefully, in my own dermatology clinic. My short term goal, since I’m studying Pharmacology, is to get into cosmetics and learn how to make body products.

What do you love about yourself mentally? How about physically?? I love that I can be really focused. Before an exam, nothing can distract me. If I have to do well in this course, because I didn’t do well on a previous midterm or whatever, I can do it. And physically, I like my hair!

What type of music do you listen to? ?Commercial hip-hop. Like Rihanna, Chris Brown. I am a hip-hop maniac. Kanye West, and such. Less rapping, more romantic songs.

Besides food, water, and shelter, what is one thing you can’t live without? Well, right now in my life, I don’t think I can be without my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for four years and it’s been long distance. We barely see each other. We met in boarding school. I don’t think I can be without him.

What’s your favourite clothing store?? Club Monaco! And Mendocino! I love both equally.

What’s a fun fact about yourself? ?I can speak 5 languages. I can speak Swahili, English, Kutchi, Hindi and Gujarati.

What’s a cherished memory that you have?? When I graduated highschool, my parents were only allowed to come for a day for my graduation. They came all the way from Africa to India where I was doing boarding school. I actually won Best Leader of the Year, so it was really worth it for my dad to come. He really never travels, ever. He said his trip was worth it because I won an award, and that made me very happy.

Who is your role model and why? ?My role model is my sister. I live with her right now and she’s actually very independent; she has been independent since she was 21. She came here in 2001, and now she is supporting her husband through Law School. She is working. She is paying for two rents. She pays for everything for me. She is the most hardworking person I know. I tell myself that if I ever want to get through Medical School, I’ll have to follow her footsteps. I will have to follow how hard she works.

What’s your favourite season?? My favourite season is summer. I just love prints. Obviously, I can wear prints any time of the year, but in the summer it’s like print season.

Where is your favourite place in the world?? It’s the Maldives. Unfortunately, I haven’t been there, my cousins have and I’m really jealous of them. It’s beautiful! If I ever get the chance to have a destination wedding, it will be there! That’s only if I am a balling Dermatologist though!

Make an acronym out of your name.
F – Funny
A – And
T – Talkative
E – Elegant
M – Motherly
A – Annoying (I can get annoying sometimes!)