This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

With exams rolled in and already taking a toll all aspects of our life, it’s hard to make time for food while you’re in that crunch. Here are a few ways to get a quick bite to eat that’s also cheap!​

1. Grocery stores like Bloor Street Market put their fresh food (things like sushi, granola yogurts, etc.) on sale near closing time! That means getting very good, pre-made food, for nearly half the price (sometimes more!). 
  2. Use your student discount!!! Most, if not all, grocery stores offer some degree of discounts for students during certain days of the week (Shopper’s Drug Mart – Thursday’s, Metro – Tuesday’s…)
  3. Student discounts also apply at some really cool restaurants and cafe’s around Toronto, here are some of them:
  • Toby’s Pub (811 College St.) – 15% off for students Sunday through Thursday
  • FIKA Cafe (28 Kensington Ave) – 15% off for students
  • Insomnia (563 Bloor St. W) – 20% off except for weekend and holiday brunches
  • Sneaky Dee’s (431 College St.) – $5 meals on the ‘Broke-Ass Student Menu)

4. If you’re looking for completely free food, your best bet is to join all the ‘free food’ Facebook groups and twitter accounts, and to keep an eye out for events that are open to the public and offer free food. Most, if not all clubs, will at some point hold free food events, so grow that network and check out new, cool, club events, might be worth more than just free food in the end.

5. Grow your own food! Not only is it sustainable and fantastic for the environment, but you’ll have access to fresh, healthy, and often expensive, vegetables and fruits at the comfort of your own home!

.
Architecture History and Design Double Major and Environmental Geography Minor at the University of Toronto