Replacements to Holiday Baking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

If you are anything like my sister, everything you touch turns to crumble. Spare your mother the clean up and back away from the kitchen. The dorm kitchens aren’t exactly the most equipped kitchens you can think of and you want to be a little more original than the standard Marie Callenders pie. Here at Her Campus we have just the thing to bring a little holiday spirit in a yummy jar.

Haven’t you always wanted to eat cake out of a jar? Eating out of a jar not only claims that entire chunk of cake for yourself but it also keeps you from eating a whole cake.  Sound appetizing? Then check out Tookies! Tookies is an independent seller on Etsy, baking you the finest treats in a jar, crème sandwich, or gourmet marshmellows. Browsing through the holiday inspired treats really got my stomach grumbling and at this time of the year and for a limited only she is carrying seasonal flavors such as pumpkin pie and harvest spice. If you aren’t drooling just yet then check out MMMandMore on Etsy as well.

Instead of cakes in jar, we got a little treat that requires a nice toasted bagel or muffin to spread. MMMandMore sells baked goods and sauces but we want to highlight their sauces. Coming in a array of flavors such as pumpkin butter, sweet potato butter, sweet apple cider butter, and plenty more to get the mouth watering.

If baking or traditional pies aren’t cutting it for you this holiday season then pull out the credit card and try these replacements to Holiday cooking and baking. Well… for the dessert part anyway.

Coming across Her Campus as a senior in high school and then leading her very own branch, Emily proudly calls herself the co-president and editor-in-chief of Her Campus University of San Francisco. While Emily has a guilty addiction to shopping, celebrities, and all things "girly" she hopes that she can integrate this into a relatable magazine to the women of her campus. Emily has a slight infatuation for John Krasinski and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. When she's not day dreaming about her future husbands, Emily is participating in many extra curricular activities such as her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. Emily enjoys good company, good FOOD, and a good ole' television. One of the most recent television series Emily has become a fan of is ABC's Pan Am. If only Pan Am continued to exist, Emily would have seriously considered becoming a stewardess. The success of the branch has yet to blossom. Emily hopes that she can bring Her Campus University of San Francisco to its full potential. In the future, Emily plans studying abroad all over the European continent and pursue her passion of social justice through fashion.