Masoma Imasogie, Style Guru

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Although she is a new transfer to Penn, this Fashionista is already making her name as a Campus Celebrity and CollegeFashionista Style Guru. Her killer style and bold looks are easily recognizable on campus, and her blog is an awesome way to keep up with this Fashionista.

Year: Sophomore, 2017

Major: Communications

Favorite Designer: At the moment I am really vibing off of Stella Jean, Lulu & Co. and Clan Fashion Label.

Favorite Wardrobe Staple: Currently I have two: my new black industrial ‘doctor’ tote from Zara and a floppy felt hat.

Most Coveted Item at the Moment: Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Cruel Summer‘ heels or Nike Air Yeezy 2 ‘Red October’ sneakers

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Masoma Imasogie: As a transfer, I have not yet been able to join many extracurricular activities. I am still trying to catch my footing as a new student, do well academically, make friends, and still commit to my CollegeFashionista column; however, once I grasp the hang of things, I am looking forward to joining groups and organizations and getting the chance to meet more people.

HC: Why should people read your CollegeFashionista column?

MI: I bring a raw voice to the fashion platform. Like most CollegeFashionista readers, I’m also just a regular girl trying to follow my dreams and passions. As a college student with a busy schedule and a budget, my CollegeFashinoista column helps break down high fashion trends into something affordable and wearable for everyday fashion, particularly for college students.

HC: How would you describe your style?

MI: My style depends on the day and encompasses a very broad spectrum of fashion trends. One day, I could dress boho-chic, another day I might look hipster. I draw from and mix a wide range of styles, for example mixing grunge with menswear (yes, I shop in the men’s section sometimes). I wouldn’t say I have one specific style; I enjoy experimenting and strutting different styles depending on my mood and attitude for that day.

HC: What does fashion mean to you?

MI: I consider fashion to be the language I speak without having to open my mouth. It’s how I communicate to the world and how I express my individuality. Through fashion, I can express what kind of day I’m having, what emotion I’m feeling, or what I’m interested in at the moment. If you just take the time to decode my fashion choices, you will uncover all my secrets. Fashion reveals so much about me.

HC: How can people read your CollegeFashionista column?

MI: Simply go to this link, and you can see all the articles I’ve posted on CollegeFashionista thus far. You can also follow me on my social media sites, such as Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr, where I promote my CollegeFashionista articles on a weekly basis.­