Lydia Roberts’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Meet one of our Her Campus CC’s, Lydia Roberts!

Name: Lydia Roberts

Year: Senior

Majors: Communications

Minors: French and GSWS

Hometown: Scarsdale, NY

What are you involved with on campus? I’m in Penny Loafers Acapella and am social chair of our acapella group. I’m a member of OAX, an off campus sorority. I also am one of the two editors-in-chief of Her Campus UPenn! I’m on publicity and outreach committee of Penn Appetit, so I help publicize the magazine and get the word out.

What’s your favorite part of being in an acapella group? We all have a shared interest of music and it’s an opportunity to collaborate with other musicians and make music with our mouths!! Also the after parties for our shows when the alumni come back and hang out with us are always so fun.

Dream singer to do a duet with? OMG Nat King Cole (but he’s dead)

Since you clearly love food from Penn Appetit, what’s your favorite restaurant in Philly? On Campus: Honest Tom’s (gotta get the steak and sweet potato taco!) Off Campus: Estia and Audrey Claire.

What’s your favorite thing to cook? Definitely spakanopita.  It’s Greek spinach pie with feta and all that good stuff. Family recipe.  I also roast a lot of vegetables, it’s one of my main pasttimes.

Favorite Study Spot: First floor VP by the big windows so you don’t feel like you’re in a dungeon.

Favorite Class you’ve taken at Penn: Non-Profit Communication Strategy (COMM 386). We got to be actual consultants for a non-profit in Philly, which was a great experience.  Usually classes are pretty theoretical, but we got to put to use the skills we learned

Favorite Drunchie: Allegro’s fries with every possible condiment

Downtowns in Three Words: Let’s just not

What are you going to miss the most about Penn after graduation? Definitely living in proximity to my favorite people.  I’m not looking forward to when I can’t just show up at someone’s house unannounced and have it be socially acceptable.  Also Wawa.