Lauren Anders

Posted -

Name: Lauren Anders (But a lot of people call me Landers)

Hometown: St. Louis, MO

Relationship Status: TBD

Major: I am in Wharton and am currently undecided, but I am considering Business Analytics. I’m also in the Wharton PPI Public Policy Research Scholars Program and pursuing a Hispanic Studies minor.

Fun fact about yourself: I am a huge government nerd. As someone who loves to travel, I am currently trying to visit the capitol building of each state (I’m over halfway there!). I can also say all of the presidents’ names in less than 11 seconds.

Favorite spot to eat on campus: Copa, Beefsteak, or Bridge Café. Still unclear why the price of omelets went up 50 cents this year though.

Current five fave song recommendations: Phoenix by Laura Doggett, Alaska by Maggie Rogers, Cool Blue by the Japanese House, Holiest by Glass Animals, Slip by Elliot Moss

Favorite event at Penn: SPRING FLING

Advice for freshman year self: Sleep more. Seriously.

What is it like to be a cohort leader at Wharton? 

I love having the opportunity to meet sixty freshmen and introduce them to Wharton and Penn. Hosting events for the cohort is super fun, but the best part about being a cohort leader is watching the freshmen find their niche at Penn. I enjoy giving advice about classes/clubs/Greek life/etc., but I mostly just enjoy getting to know everyone in my cohort. The sense of community within the cohort – and between the cohort leaders – fosters an amazing, inclusive environment at a school that may otherwise seem competitive. It’s great to get to know so many awesome people at Penn, and of course, to make a lot of close friends along the way.

About The Author

I'm a freshman in The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, probably studying Business Analaytics and Retail. I'm originally from Caracas, Venezuela and I love everything lifestyle, travel & fashion related! I also love going around campus and finding stories about girls who are making a difference on campus (and publishing them on Her Campus). 

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login