Harrison Pharamond C’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a leading man and Philly native, most likely to be found on the stage or the slopes. Actor, Athlete, Intellectual, and general sweetheart – this guy’s got everything! Ladies and Gentleman, Her Campus is proud to present this week’s Q-tie (get it? Cause he’s in Quadramics), Harrison!

Name: Harrison Pharamond

Year: Junior

Age: 21

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

Major: English

Relationship Status: Single

Fun Fact: I specialize in spin-skiing. (Author’s note: I’ve seen videos. It’s insane!)

What kind of activities are you involved in at Penn?

At Penn, mainly acting. I just joined Penn SID, the society for international development. I’m on their impact team. It’s a consulting group and the project I’m working on is called “Teach for Morocco”. It’s helping to rebrand this company that’s building schools and running educational programs in Morocco. I’m also the Business Manager of Quadramics Theatre Co, I’m on Penn Reading Initiative, and I play soccer and lacrosse. But, yeah, mostly acting.

Are you in any shows now?

Yeah! I’m playing Andrew Jackson in “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson”. Come see it, April 16th, 17th, and 18th! We had our first read-through yesterday and it was hilarious. The show is so vulgar and great. I’m so excited.

So, you’re gonna get to curse a lot?

Oh yes. Lots. All sorts of cursing. Words I didn’t even know existed!

What’s your favorite place to eat on campus?

Probably Frontera.

Off-campus?

In the city, Llanerch Diner. It’s the diner that the scene from Silver Linings Playbook was filmed in and it’s five minutes from my house. My sister and I go there all the time. We’ve reenacted the scene. You know, the argument in the diner scene? They have the seat labeled.

If you could go back, what would you tell your freshman self?

I’d tell myself to focus more on building and maintaining friendships, as opposed to just meeting a lot of people. I feel like that’s what freshman year is: meeting everyone and remembering half of their names and then seeing them on locust walk like “Oh hey!” And that’s it. Getting to know people is more valuable than just knowing a lot of people.

Okay, time for a speed round. Spirit animal?

Pheonix.

HC: Celebrity crush?

Kate Mara. Hands down.

HC: Favorite movie?

Inception

HC: Favorite TV Show?

Game of Thrones

HC: Favorite song of the moment?

Uptown Funk.

HC: Of all time?

Well, my favorite artist is Justin Timberlake. So, if I had to pick a song, probably “What Goes Around Comes Around.”

Dream job?

Being a famous film actor with my own humanitarian organization.

Favorite pick-up line?

I don’t have pick-up lines… I just walk up. In the least cocky way possible.

What do you look for in a significant other?

Eyes. Beautiful eyes, for one. Caring and passionate about something. It doesn’t necessarily have to be something that I’m into, but they have to have a passion. Also, a girl who cares as much about others as she does about herself.

What is your ideal first date?

Hmm… depends on the girl. I haven’t had many first dates. A good first date would be an entire day spent together. Not just sitting around the house, but doing something that makes us both happy and makes us realize that we both enjoy being together. More specifically, though… having dinner outside on a deck with a very nice sunset.

What’s on your Penn Bucket List?

Well actually… I’m going to appear on the Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson poster — just me in ripped jeans, or less, holding an American flag. So basically, I have to start hitting the gym again. Appearing shirtless on a poster all around campus, I guess that’s something to cross off the bucket list. Coming ‘atcha this April!

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Optimistic, Thoughtful, Charismatic