This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Tips from a pro:

1.     Swap your summer sandals to a new pair of sneakers or flats for fall.

2.     Switch up your workout routine. As the weather gets colder, it’ll be harder to get yourself out of bed in the morning. Try waking up earlier than usual and joining the early morning Pottruck crowd before class- you’ll feel refreshed and renewed and ready to go!

3.     Another tip to get yourself out of bed on those colder mornings? Upgrade your coffee choice. Time to buy that inevitable ~ pumpkin spice latte~  at Starbucks. Or better yet, if you’re into brewing your own in your dorm room, switch up your normal routine and buy a new flavor of K-Cups or coffee like the pumpkin spice limited edition green mountain coffee flavor.

4.     Buy yourself something- a new perfume or candle will make your room feel cozy. Check out the pumpkin soufflé candle from Anthropologie.

5.     Try out some new fall recipes, like roasting some pumpkin seeds or make something using this list of fall vegetables http://www.thekitchn.com/12-fall-vegetables-you-should-know-how-to-cook-211234

6.     Indulge your sweet tooth (Want to be healthy? Try the honey bar at HoneyGrow opening in University City this fall! This fruity treat will help you hang on to the flavors of summer) or just try that pumpkin spiced latte in Frappuccino form

7.     Pullover sweater – Buy a new cozy sweater that you’ll be excited to wear when cooler weather hits.

8.     Bring home fresh flowers – bring nature inside by buying some fresh flowers to decorate with. Maybe even buy a decorative pumpkin or two.

9.     Pack up and throw out – save space by packing up all your summer stuff you won’t be using. Use it as a time to de-clutter and get rid of old or unwanted things.

10.  Spend more time outside- as the weather changes, make the most of the sunshine by taking walks or by eating lunch or dinner outside with friends. Staying in the sun and making more time for relaxation and being social with friends will help you from feeling blue when the weather gets colder and the days get shorter.