Celebration after Celebration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

So after a month of ghosts and candy and Harley Quinn, Halloween is over. No more random people coming to class in a banana costume or sweet treats from your professor. No more costume exchanges on the Penn Facebook group or darties while the weather is still good. Don’t worry though because now, it’s Christmas time!

Not even twenty-four hours after Halloween was over that the Penn Bookstore already sent the entire student body an email about ugly holiday sweaters. At the same time, the weather started becoming cold again and everyone has now officially put away their revealing clothes and took out the coats and scarves. The countdown has begun: midterms are soon over and finals are right around the corner. Everyone started making plans for the holidays and the black racks of dresses were switched to red and green ones in the stores. Between the end of midterms and the beginning of finals, everyone is planning their time in order to be able to do a small escapade to New York and admire the famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. Center Philadelphia will soon be lit up by a thousand of small lights and carols have already started being played on iTunes Music. Everyone started thinking about gift ideas which also means that they all started missing home.

No more waiting, it’s finally Christmas time.