Best Philly Study Cafés

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

It’s that time of the semester. You need to study for midterms, but VP just isn’t cutting it anymore. You need a better vibe and maybe a trip off campus to get your productivity up. 

We’ve got you covered! Check out these great Philly café study spots.

1. Good Karma Café – 23rd and Walnut, 22nd and Pine, 9th and Pine

Good Karma offers great, coffee, tea, breakfast sandwiches and more! They also have free wifi and plenty of outlets.

2. Green Line Café – 42nd and Baltimore (no wifi), 16th and Arch (wifi available)

Green Line is a homey café with a great beverage selection and plenty of snacks to tide you over as you’re working! It’s also located right by Clark Park so if you go on a Saturday, you can check out the Farmer’s Market!

3. Elixr – 207 S Sydenham St 

Elixr has a great vibe and all the wood gives it a very homey feel. They’ve got several different roasts that you can try to expand your coffee palette. 

4. Joe Café – 32nd and Chestnut, 18th and Walnut

Joe’s is great if you want to spend some time in Rittenhouse Square for a study break! 

Happy studying and caffeinating!

Lydia Roberts is a junior at the University of Pennsylvania.  She is majoring in Communication and minoring in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies, and also in French Studies.  She is an enthusiastic member of an a capella group at Penn and has a affinity for sour gummy candy.