This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

When there’s more glitter then snow on Locust Walk, it can only mean one thing: Big-Little Week is here. Every February, freshman girls are showered with neon tank tops, breakfast in bed, and strip teases from frat pledges. While the week is dedicated to bigs showing their littles how much they love them, somehow all of campus seems to be involved in the process.

1.Who will be next?!?!?

It all begins with the social media campaign. One by one, your newsfeed fills with pictures of lineages on lineages, all accompanied by classic captions ranging from “Rush the (Insert blonde, tall, *~elevated~* here) Lin” to “now accepting applications for the littlest”. The official hunt for a little has begun, and sophomore girls are letting the world know.

2. CVS is sold out of posters, streamers and every form of food

In preparation for the big week, the shelves of CVS are raided by sophomore girls who need to craft for their littles. Nearly every form of decorations have been claimed:  glitter, puff paint–you name it and most likely it’s in the hands of a sophomore girl or displayed decoratively in her little’s room.

3. All your classes get interrupted by deliveries:

It’s nearly impossible to make it through a lecture without a pledge delivering a girl flowers, a coffee before a midterm, or even stopping the class to serenade her. These entertaining deliveries actually help to make 3 hour seminars slightly more bearable and make for prime Snapchat stories.

4. Getting friend requests from strange names:

What could be more exciting than getting a friend request from MYLITTLEIS HOTTERTHANURS and seeing embarrassing pictures from 2008 of your friend’s little?

5. Instagrams of decorated beds

I don’t think I can count how many times this week I’ve seen pictures of beds covered in clothes with colorful streamers and posters everywhere.  “I LOVE MY BIG! #whoareyou” is probably the number one trending caption on Penn’s campus.

Sources:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/58761757.jpg