kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways to Soak Up the End of Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.
1. Study Outside
There is so little time in the school year in which sitting outside is actually pleasant. Take advantage of it! Get a blanket, take whatever reading you have for your classes, and find a nice spot in the sun. There are places all over campus- benches along Locust, the High Rise fields, and especially the Quad. Take breaks and fall asleep with the sun warming your face. Soak up all the vitamin D you can get before winter sets in!

2. End of Summer BBQ 
Nothing brings summer to a close better than having an end of summer/back to school BBQ. Invite friends over and fire up the grill now, while sunset is still after five pm. Enjoy the last few weeks of wearing shorts and walking barefoot on the lawn. Maybe even split up into teams and get a game of Frisbee or baseball going. Making s’mores is always the perfect end to summer nights. If you can’t start a fire outside, use the stovetop to roast the marshmallows. 

3. Explore
There are a ton of things to do outside in the city to take advantage of the wonderful weather. Festivals of every kind– music, food, art–are abundant. Click here to find one that looks interesting to you, and spend the day out in the streets of Philly. If sports are more to your liking, choose a team on campus to support– there are tons of teams in season right now– and cheer them on at a game. If you haven’t yet done so, get a group of baseball fans together and go see a Phillies game. It’s a quintessential Philadelphian experience that you’re sure to love!