3 Alternatives to Partying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.
The number one party school in the country? I don’t think so. We at Penn have a well-rounded student body: some go out, some stay in, and almost all take advantage of the many forms of entertainment the city of Philadelphia has to offer. Looking for an alternative to partying? Here are a few.

1. Host a Dinner Party
Some of the best memories come from sitting around a table, sharing a meal with your closest friends. The school year gets busy fast, and having all your friends in one place by chance is rare. Food always brings people together, so if you love to cook whip up something delicious and invite your friends over to help you eat it. If you aren’t even entirely sure how your stove works, order a pizza instead. 

2. Go out… for dinner and a movie
Dinner and a movie is a classic for a reason. There are so many amazing restaurants in the city, it’s a shame not to try as many as possible. Pick a place you’ve never been, text a friend you haven’t seen in a while and make a reservation. Wherever you are in Philly, a movie theater isn’t too far way. If you don’t want to see any of the new releases, Ritz at the Bourse usually has great foreign films. 

3. Venture in to the city
One of the wonderful things about Penn is that we are in the middle of a city! There’s an abundance of fun activities for every type of person. If you like singing, there’s karaoke. Laughing? Improv theater. Art? Tons of museums. There are plays, concerts, kickboxing classes, tattoo parlors, anything and everything. Now, as we transition from summer to fall, there’s autumn related fun like haunted houses and pie eating contests. Penn students do all of these things and more: one activity does not define this community.