This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With ever-changing trends and high designer prices, it seems hard to even afford being stylish, But the secret to a great look is not always sacrificing your next paycheck, rather it’s actually finding clothes that work for more than one look. In this article I’ll show you some gorgeous staple pieces that are both fashion and cost friendly, check them out below!

Coats

A good coat is not only stylish but also practical. It gets hard to find a coat that will easily transition from season to season but layering under your fall jacket during the winter can easily solve this problem and keep you warm.

Plain White T-Shirt

Minimalistic or not everyone can find great use out of a plain t-shirt. Pair it with a pair of dark denim to achieve a classic look or go bold with your favourite patterned skirt to bring the whole look together.

Sneakers

Unless you’re anti-comfort, sneakers are the perfect addition to any outfit. Wear your favourite pair with a dress for a casual day in the city or go with dress pants for a more formal look.

Boots

This accessory can easily be worn year-round. This is especially if you can stick to ankle boots that can work with cuffed jeans in the winter, and even denim shorts in the summer.

Mom Jeans

This trending fashion piece always finds its way back into style, so finding a good pair can keep you looking fresh and trendy for a much longer time. For the warmer season, mix it up with various bodysuits to get that simple yet stylish look.

Hopefully these fashion staple pieces will keep you stylish without having to break the bank!  

Vanessa is a writer on the Fashion & Beauty team at the University of Ottawa Her Campus Chapter.She is studying Social Science with a double minor in Economics and Public Administration. In her free time she loves to write, read, dance, and explore the city.