kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Last week, we welcomed the first day of spring (finally!). Spring is the perfect time to evaluate what and who is in your life. It’s the perfect time to declutter and start over feeling refreshed. This season is all about decluttering your space, your stuff… and your life.

Here’s a list of seven effective ways to spring clean your life:

1. Set Your Goals

It’s a busy time of year, especially if you’re swamped with midterms and assignments. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, set some time aside to make a list of your goals. Focus on the now – make goals that are attainable and commit to them.

2. Revaluate Your Relationships

This one is a hard one, but it will be worth it in the end. Take a hard look at your friendships and relationships. Are they truly reflective of who you are? If you’re friends bring you down more than they build you up – it’s time to move on. At the same time, don’t forget to be thankful for the good friendships that leave you happy and fulfilled.

3. Revamp Your Fitness Routine

Did your New Year’s resolution happen to be “get fit”? Have you actually been hitting the gym regularly? Don’t stress! It’s never too late to get started. Change up your gym routine to make it fun or hit up a group exercise class – it will help you de-stress and boost your energy. 

4. Declutter

This one may be a little obvious, but spring cleaning your life also means decluttering your space and stuff. Even better! Look for some local second-hand stores that buy back clothing. Declutter your stuff and make some money at the same time – it’s a win, win!

5. Make a Budget

I don’t mean to sound like your mom on this one, but keeping track of your finances is important. Stay on top of it by making a budget – cut out any unnecessary spending and save the extra cash for a rainy day.

6. Catch Some Extra ZZZs

This one is all about finding balance. It’s a busy time of year, but your sleep schedule shouldn’t suffer as a consequence. A consistent sleep schedule makes a big difference – so prioritize hitting the hay. 

7. Put Yourself at the Top of Your Priority List

Find the time to do whatever makes you feel best! Get your haircut, get your nails done – do whatever you need to find a little boost. Say peace-out to your bad habits and fill your days with the things and people that inspire you.

Feeling lighter already?