you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name: Jennifer Ho
Hometown: Ottawa, ON
Program: Hons. BSc in Biology & Minor in History (Co-Op)
Year of Graduation: 2016
Favourite class: I don’t think I can narrow it down to one favourite, but some of my favourite classes are any biology course taught by Houseman or Gilmour, History of the USSR with Erica Fraser, and The Holocaust with Jan Gabrowski
Favourite study spot on campus: 2nd Floor D’Iorio (if I can manage to save myself a seat) or 6th floor Morisset.
Relationship status: Happily taken 

Her Campus: What have you been doing since graduation?
Jennifer Ho: I’ve been working a variety of jobs: a research internship on campus, teaching piano, tutoring and working in a private elementary after-school program.

HC: Do you have any plans to go back to school?
JH: I am going to start law school at uOttawa in September! I’m pretty excited about that! 

HC: What do you miss most about uOttawa?
JH: I actually miss going to class and interacting with people my own age with similar interests as me. I don’t miss exams, lab reports, and writing papers though.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment as a student?
JH: There’s probably a lot that I can’t think of right now, but I almost accidentally walked into the men’s washroom at SITE. The worst part was that a guy was coming out at the same time and he was like “Uh… do you know where you’re going?” 

HC: What advice would you give to first year students? 
JH: I know it’s tough, but don’t stress yourself out too much. Go out every once in a while, make time for your friends, and travel; you’ll regret not making time for it later.

HC: What was your dream as a kid? What is it now?
JH: When I was 5, I wanted to be an artist. My dad shot down my dreams and then I went into science.

HC: How were you involved on campus?
JH: I’ve been involved in research internships through UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program) & NSERC (Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council).

HC: If you could go back in time, what would you do differently during your undergrad?
JH: I would go back to first year and change the way I studied – a lot of the time I over-studied, over-stressed myself, and didn’t make enough time for my friends. I also wish I had done some kind of international exchange or at least travelled more.

HC: What is your life moto?
JH: Eat. Pray. Love!  

HC: If you could solve a problem on earth, what would it be?
JH: I think if I had to pick one, I’d want to stop the illegal poaching of endangered species.

HC: Who is your role model?
JH: I have many – Steve Irwin, David Attenborough, the Dalai Lama, the list goes on…

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
JM: I’m not really sure where life will take me. I certainly didn’t see myself going into law after my undergrad 5 years ago! For now, I hope to be done my J.D. in 5 years. After, perhaps start a Master’s of Law, or working full time at a “real job”. 

HC: Thank you so much for your time, Jennifer. We wish you all the best in your upcoming plans.
JH: It was my pleasure and thank you very much! 

All the pictures provided by Jennifer Ho. 

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.