pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Profile: James Sullivan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Hometown: Port Dover
Graduation: 2016
Relationship Status: Single af
Program: Bachelor in Music and Profile in Arts Administration, Majoring in Voice.

Her Campus: You graduate this year; what’s one thing you’ll miss about Ottawa?
James Sullivan: I’m going to miss all the people I met here as well as living steps from any shawarma place.

HC: What are your plans after graduation?
JS: I plan on travelling a lot and I’m currently looking into teaching abroad.

HC: Tell us about your most embarrassing moment as a student.
JS: It takes a lot to embarrass me but one time during a lecture, a professor asked me to demonstrate some singing in a non-music class. It was super awkward and I wasn’t paying attention so I was caught of guard.

HC: Would you change anything about your undergrad? If so, what?
JS: No, I don’t think I would change anything. As much as I don’t like how my program turned out I’ve learned a lot more than I would have otherwise.

HC: Do you have any exciting plans for the summer?
JS: I plan on having a recital in my hometown and going on as many adventures as possible.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
JS: I’ll be 25 and hopefully living abroad, travelling through Europe and performing.

HC: What advice would you give your first year self?
JS: Don’t be lazy, put the work in.

HC: What’s your dream date?
JS: That’s a tough one, I’d say April 25th ’cause it’s not too hot, it’s not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

HC: What’s your dream job?
JS: I want to be Jimmy Fallon.

HC: What’s the best date you’ve been on?
JS: The one where the guy called me fat… just kidding! The best date I’ve been on was when he took me to see Mendelssohn Violin concerto in E minor.

HC: If you can travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
JS: I would love to go to Bali. The beaches look amazing.  

HC: Why did you choose to sing classical music?
JS: I really enjoyed music and singing and in high school I did more choir stuff. I also took private lessons and I realized this was what I want to do and I could go to university for it.

HC: Who is your role model?
JS: Nicki Minaj

Sources: All photos provided by James.

Daughter, sister, student, friend. I have a fond love for good board games, napping and tea. I consider myself to be a professional apple cutter.