This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Capital Catwalk is quickly coming up! I recently had the chance to chat with Julien Boissonnault, owner and designer of Julien|George. Check out below for his answers to some fun questions and make sure to get your ticket to see his line walk down the runway! 

Name of Brand: Julien|George

Designer: Julien Boissonnault

City of Operation: Ottawa

1. Can you Give us a Brief Description of your Brand?

Julien|George has a philosophy to bring elegance and style to every day, mixing casualty and formality.  We strive on bringing a twist to your wardrobe. The Collection Fall/Winter 2015 that I will be presenting on January 31st is all about the power of a black outfit: stylish, elegant and timeless.

2. What do you Believe is the Biggest Trend in Fashion at the Moment?

For a while now big floppy fedora hats have made a come back for both men and women. I am a big fan of the old glamour days and that’s something I’m really happy to have seen make a comeback on the streets. 

3. Why did you to Decide to Become Involved with Capital Catwalk? 

I’ve been a part of the Her Campus University of Ottawa team for a while now. First as a writer, then I was brought on to the Events and Marketing team to help organize Catwalk for the Cure because of my experience with other fashion events, such as Ottawa Fashion Week. This year I am still involved with HCuOttawa for our Fashion Show, the only exception is that this year I will be presenting my Fall\Winter 2015 couture collection. 

4. If you Could Erase one Fashion Trend from History What Would it be?

Fanny Packs! I would burn them all, even the ones that tourists are still wearing to this day! 

5. How can Interested Buyers find you?

They can find me on my website at www.juliengeorge.com and on the many social media platforms. 

Interested on attending the show? Get your tickets here

Sarah Kirby is a fourth year Joint Honours BA History and Political Science student at the University of Ottawa. Born and raised in Southwestern Ontario, Sarah now is proud to call Ottawa home. Sarah is also proud to be the Editor of News for the 2014-2015 Her Campus UOttawa Team.