Hey Holly: Spice up Your Sex Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Hey Holly,

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for 4 years and things are amazing. However, I’ve been looking to spice things up in the bedroom. Not that the sex isn’t good, just after being intimate with the same person for that long it would be nice to try something new. I’m sure he would also be down for trying new things, but I want to suggest it without making him feel like I’m no longer enjoying sex. Any idea on how to let him know without sounding unsatisfied?

– Sleepin’ in the Sack

Hey Sleepin’ in the Sack,

I think you should have a chat with your boyfriend while you two are just cuddling in bed together. The best moments to have “a talk” are when you are winding down from a day and trying to fall asleep. Put all the cards on the table and flat out tell him that you want to be more adventurous. Tell him how good he is already (assuming that he’s awesome), but you want to take a flip to the wild side. Since you guys have been together for 4 years, having this talk should be a walk in the park, especially since you’re sure he is down for something new. What’s the worst that can happen if he wants to keep it like white rice and not venturing to try the soya sauce? If he is very against experimenting in the bedroom, try to introduce things in small doses, so that way he is not overwhelmed thinking you two will be suspended by cables the next time. If anything, you could tell him to do things to you then gradually move on to doing things to him. It shouldn’t take too long before you two heat your sex life right back up.

I hope your newly found sex games spice up that sex life of yours,

XO

Holly

Do you need advice? Submit your question for Holly here!