This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We wait for it all year. Your birthday is the day where you can treat yourself and be treated like a king or queen by your family and friends. You may be expecting a cake from your mom and dad, a special card from your roommate or an extravagant gift from your significant other, but did you know that you can get tons of free stuff as well? Check out the 14 places below that will give you free stuff on your special day! 

Sephora

Become a beauty insider and choose between three free birthday gifts! This years birthday gifts include a Bite Beauty Lip set, Glamglow face set or a Bumble and Bumble hair set! 

Booster Juice

Join Booster Nation and get a free regular smoothie on your birthday! 

Starbucks

Sign up for Starbucks Rewards and get a free birthday drink of whatever size and type of beverage you like!

Panera Bread

You get a free pastry on your birthday! You have to sign up for e-mails, but you only get about three a year, totally worth it!

Urban Decay 

Sign up to become a beauty junkie and receive a free birthday gift! 

Tucker’s Marketplace 

You get a free meal on your birthday, just show ID!

Yogatown 

Get a free class on your birthday if you’re a Yogatown member.

David’s Tea 

Get a free cup of tea on your birthday when you sign up for David’s Tea Frequent Steeper Club!

Denny’s 

Free breakfast on your birthday? Yes please!

Mandarin 

Get a free meal coupon on your birthday (with ID) if you’ve signed up to receive their e-mail newsletter Mandarin Dish

Montana’s 

Get a free dessert on your birthday!

American Eagle

Receive 15% off of your purchases during your birthday month if you’ve signed up for AE Rewards

Timothy’s Coffee

Get a free baked treat with a purchase of a medium beverage. Make sure you show them the coupon you received by e-mail when you sign up for their rewards program.  

Addition Elle

Get 40% off your entire purchase for the month of your birthday when you sign up for their free card or display it during checkout.

Now that you’ve got all of your free stuff, go and party like its your birthday! 

Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.