This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

One of my favourite stress-relievers has always been browsing Shoppers Drug Mart in the beauty aisle. Whether it’s looking through 700 mascaras to get the same one I’ve used for the past 4 years, or buying face wash that I don’t actually need – something about the entire experience just makes me feel good because I love pampering myself. Especially on a budget!

Here are some of my favourite drug store beauty buys:

1. Maybelline The Nudes Pallette

I’ve had this bad boy for about 4 years (sorry if that’s gross). I’m not great at eye shadow and this pallete has 12 colours that are perfect for beginners. The darker shades are great as eyeliner, or for filling in sparse eyebrows!

2. CoverGirl Lashblast Volume

You can never go wrong with a classic! If they stop making this mascara I’ll probably start a riot. This mascara is also much loved by Shay Mitchell and Alexis Ren.

3. Nivea Moisturizer

I have really sensitive skin and this moisturizer is one of the only ones that actually moisturizes and doesn’t turn me into an itchy red blob!

4. Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash

This face wash actually contains Pro-vitamin and Vitamin E! It leaves your skin super soft and contains no artificial perfumes.

5. Revlon Lacquer Balm

This lip stain is perfect for the lazy! It leaves a coloured stain on your lips that isn’t as intense as a lipstick, but stays on and provides tons of moisture like a lip balm.

6. Maybelline Master Highlighting Bronzer

This little compact is mixed with highlighter, bronzer and blush for an all over glow for those cheekbones! It also contains a mirror and a little brush for on the go. My go to is shade 50, “Light Bronze”.

What’s in your beauty bag?