david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Celebrity Halloween Couples: Our top picks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning! Whether you and your significant other are handing out candy to trick or treaters or heading out for a chilling time with friends, there is no reason to fall victim to the same overdone couple costumes. I’ve rounded up a list of the top celebrity couples for you and your SO to embrace this Halloween. Warning: you may be followed by the paparazzi ;) 

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West

Ever wondered what it feels like to be the #WorldsMostTalkedAboutCouple? Have no fear, this costume is extremely easy to make, but will still make a huge impression wherever you go. Party City sells inexpensive costume leather jackets, or hit up thrift shops like Value Village and Goodwill. Next, buy some acrylic paint from Marshall’s or Walmart and write ‘Just’ on his, then ‘Married’ on hers. Lastly, the eagle is the most important part of this costume. If you’re not artistic, no worries, you can find a template here 

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

While dressing up as Brangelina is nothing new, you can definitely take an original spin on the costume: Brad & Angelina at the altar. This costume is simple and fun to create. Ladies, find a old wedding dress from a thrift shop or any floor length white dress. The veil can be homemade with a headband and tulle. Next, let your inner child out and doodle all over the dress and veil, just like Angelina’s. Boys, dress up in a suit and tie and let your inner Brad Pitt shine. 

Barbie and Ken

Recreating Barbie’s signature look involves heels and a lot of pink. Think pink dress, heels and too much make up.Maybe some blue contact lenses too?  Pink lipstick and blush is definitely a must! And don’t forget to accessorize, Barbie never leaves the house without the latest it bag. To creates Ken iconic look, you SO must be sure to match his Barbie. All he needs is a pink dress shirt, preferably the same colour as your dress, a dinner jacket and dress pants. These can be whichever colour you like, but should still match Barbie’s outfit. And don’t forget to include Ken’s beloved ascot. Bonus points if you both walk around like dolls all night long! 

June Carter and Johnny Cash

One of the most classic couples, Johnny Cash & June Carter are a timeless choice. This is an easy costume to throw together- especially at the last minute. For him, black jeans, shoes and a black button-Cash was the “man in black”, after all. For extra effect, add some gel to his locks to create Cash’s signature hairstyle, and a guitar to serenade party goers all night long. For her, embrace your inner 50’s housewife and look for a full skirt. Remember, the bigger the better ;). Add some pretty pumps, liquid liner and style your hair in soft vintage curls.

Which couple will you and your significant other being dressing up as? Share your pics to Twitter and Intsagram and be sure to tag Her Campus UOttawa. Have a safe and haunting Halloween! xox 

Credits: 1 2 3 4 5