Campus Cutie: Claire Purdy ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name: Claire Purdy

Program and Year: Second year, International Development and Globalization, minor in Business Administration

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Hometown: Toronto

HC: Who is your dream girl?

Ellen Page and/or Janelle Monae

HC: Chocolate or Vanilla?

Chocolate for sure!

What do you do during your free time?

Drink wine, go to 1848 and spend time with friends.

Where was the coolest place you’ve ever visited?

Neuchâtel, Switzerland was amazing. Chocolate and cheese, two of my favourite things in one place.

What do you look for in a girl?

Someone who has a sense of humour, is knowledgeable of world issues and is pretty down to earth. And obviously being cute can’t hurt.

If you had $1000 dollars, what would you spend it on?

Probably on my summer course, to be honest! Otherwise, flying to one of the Scandinavian countries.

Where was your best date?

What dates! AHA just kidding. I think probably going to sushi in this trendy downtown Toronto restaurant. I think we sat there talking for three hours.

What would you like to be known for?

Probably for ruffling a few feathers and never sticking to the status quo.

What was your happiest moment this month?

Finding out I’d been elected VP Finance for the DSA! Also going to my sorority’s 20 Year formal, and winning HCuOttawa’s Collegiette Life Rookie of the Year award!

What advice would you give the students of uOttawa?

Explore the city! It’s so pretty and has so many things to do during every season. Also get involved on campus!

What do you wish you had more time to do?

I wish I had more time to read for fun. Who needs 500 pages of political readings when you have poetry books catching dust?

Any final words?

My favourite quote would probably be “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious”, said by Albert Einstein, and I feel like that sums me up pretty well. I am beyond average, but my mind is always roaming around!

young hip fierce