neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Makeup Tips for Girls with Glasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Here are 8 handy makeup tips and tricks for all the girls or guys who wear glasses:

1. Pick volume over length
Lengthening mascara can cause your lashes to hit the lenses of your glasses. Try volumizing mascara to make eyes appear bigger and more defined. Curling your lashes will also help to prevent your lashes from hitting your lenses.

2. Do some research
There are lots of amazing makeup tutorials and articles catered to people who wear glasses. These tutorials can teach you new techniques or just give you a place to start. Here are two that I find very helpful:

3. Match liner thickness to frames
If your frames are thicker, draw a thicker line of eyeliner on your top lashes to add symmetry to your look. If you have thinner frames, draw a thinner line to help define the eyes.

4. Don’t skip the concealer!
A lot of people think that your glasses will hide any dark circles or shadows under your eyes. However, your glasses actually cast a shadow, making dark circles appear worse. Try to use a brightening concealer or an orange colour corrector to counteract the darkness.

5. Use a magnifying mirror
If you have trouble seeing up close, use a magnifying mirror while doing your makeup for more precision.

6. Set foundation or concealer with powder
To prevent your glasses from rubbing off the foundation on your nose and concealer, set all of your liquid makeup with powder. Also, try to use smudge-proof, waterproof or long lasting products.

7. Don’t be afraid to wear colour
When wearing coloured eye shadow to match coloured frames, try to use a shade lighter as a base for the eye shadow and use a few shades darker for your crease. You can always use different colours of eyeshadow to contrast the colour of your frames.

8. You do you!
In the end, it’s your face. So don’t be afraid to break “makeup rules” and do what makes you feel the most confident and beautiful!

Sources: 1, 2 

SaveSave

Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.