5 Things That Happened at the Panda Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We all know and love that time of the year when uOttawa is able to represent everything that their school has to offer by sporting their Gee-Gee swag and chant cheers that will be ringing in your head for days! It’s the PANDA GAME! It happens only once a year in September where the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees goes head to head in a football game with their long time rivalry the Carleton Ravens. Incase you have never been to a Panda Game or plan on going next year, here are the top 5 things that happen at our Panda Games.

@bltprfbanana

1) The never-ending desire to be decked out in burgundy and grey and rock that fabulous outfit. Face and body painting is a necessity!

@meganhitchcock6003

@sarahemilywebber

2) To consistently cheer songs of mad hate towards Carleton U. We all do it. It’s fun, don’t be shy!

“If I had the wings of a sparrow, if I had the ass of a crow. I’d fly over Carleton tomorrow, and shit on those bastards below, below! Shit on, shit on, shit on those bastards below!”

“I’m an asshole, I’m an asshole, I’m an asshole through and through. But I’d rather be an asshole then to go to Carleton U!”

@steviedee96

3)  The fact that every single uOttawa student can come together as a family and show our Gee-Gee pride even if some of us have no clue how football is played!

@sam_batchelor

@nicbess 

4)  The pre-parties and post-parties held on campus and around campus to get the energy going for everyone!

Go Gee-Gee!

5) The immense emotion that circles around the field when Carleton Ravens pull a Hail Mary and beat uOttawa Gee-Gee 31-33…..first time in 20 years…yeah whatever Ravens.

@thaissleao

Gee-Gees be like:

But then we’re all like:

Until we get on the shuttle back to campus and we’re all like:

To watch the Hail Mary being scored, follow this link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/carleton-ravens-score-hail-mary-touchdown-to-beat-ottawa-in-panda-game-1.2773021

Despite our loss, we are still proud Gee-Gees and we will make an even better comeback at next year’s Panda Game!

@superbunny1025

A lover for music, volunteering, traveling and meeting new people. I strive to learn new things and gain new experiences. Shoe addict, optimistic, outgoing, life is a masquerade ball! ~Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to live forever -Gandhi~