This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Hello all you lovely ladies!

With reading week occurring right now, I’m sure many of you are on a brief weekend get away or a quick trip back home. With some of us hitting the mall to make sure we look our best this break, I bring to you 5 fashion investments which will make heads turn whever you go! And guess what? As an added bonus, you can totally use all of these during the never ending winter that awaits when you get back to Ottawa!

I therefore recommend these 5 essentials that are not only stylish and trendy but are a must have with any season!

1. The Tote Bag

Every trip needs a generously sized carryall to fit all of your travel essentials. I personally believe in carrying my world in my handbag, so tote bags are my absolute favorite. I love the Louis Vuitton Neverfull or Moschino’s quirky new collection! They are perfect for both the beaches of Cancun or to throw your laptop in on a stormy winter day.

2. Sunglasses

Don’t all women want to feel like a diva no matter what? A good pair of oversized sunglasses will not only channel your inner Jackie-O but also protect your beautiful eyes from the sun blinding you. It’s a win-win situation as they promise to make you look stylish while on vacay and while useful in Ottawa during the chilly winter days. So, this spring, make sure you invest in a good pair of sunglasses because, hey, who doesn’t want a two-in-one benefit?

3. Lime Crime lipsticks

Thought lipstick can never last forever? Still think you can’t find the perfect red? You’re wrong! Lime Crime’s Red Velvet Velvetine is the answer to all your make up woes. With women all around swearing by this amazing lip formula, Lime Crime will make you feel super sexy and ensure no lipstick marks your champagene flute or your special someone’s shirt collar! Time to get naughty this reading week with this long lasting lipstick. Give this miracle lipstick a try and, trust me, it’s worth every penny!

4. Rollerball Perfumes

Tiny and portable roller balls are a traveller’s delight. They are perfect for any trip, fit just about anywhere and are so much more convenient than lugging around a perfume bottle! Make sure to pack the rollerball version of your favorite perfume before you take off. After all, who doesn’t love a beautiful floral frangrance that lingers on from day to night and reminds you of the onset of spring?

5. Floral Scarves

Scarves, in my opinion, have always been one of the most versatile add-ons to an outfit. Floral pashmina wraps can be worn in a dozen different ways. Throw it over an otherwise boring outfit, use it as a bikini cover up, as a bandana to keep the sun at bay, or even snuggle into it as the temperature nips and you’ll have a refreshing look each time!

I promise, with these accessories you’re going to look ravishing no matter where you go.

Credits 1 2 3 4 5 6