freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Valentine’s Day Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Finding the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your significant other can seem more terrifying than even finals week. Flowers? Candy? Cologne? There are so many options available, but not all of them are necessarily the right option for you and your relationship. Check out the following gift guide in order to make sure your Valentine’s Day as romantic as can be.

For the couple who just started dating: If you’re stressing about what to get your new *bae* then try to go as classic and simple as possible. You’ve only been together for a little while and don’t want to come on too strong, especially if you haven’t dropped the L-word yet. Flowers and chocolate are the classic option for your girlfriend, while cute socks or a funny book (like this one from Urban Outfitters) are perfect for your new boyfriend (FYI we bet they like chocolate too).

For the couple who’s been dating for a while: Whether it’s several months or over a year, sometimes it can still be tricky to pick out that perfect v-day surprise. Funny boxers or a cute new bralette paired with some fine wine (or maybe your man’s favorite whiskey) makes the perfect night for you and your significant other.

For the eventful couple: If you’re the type of couple that would rather do something than give something, then there are plenty of options for you! Instead of the traditional dinner and a movie date, spice things up a bit with some concert or basketball tickets. Still not satisfied? Rent a room at a hotel downtown for an especially romantic evening.

For the couple who’s basically already married: We all know (and either love or hate) this couple. They’ve been together since high school, go on vacations with each other’s families, and even helped name the new family dog. For these couples, it can be fun to splurge on the perfect gift for your romantic night. Try some new cologne/perfume, minor jewelry, or even a nice warm sweater to cozy up in for the winter.

In the end, if you’re still having trouble finding the perfect gift for your special someone, the best way to show your partner you care for them is by spending the holiday together. So break out the wine, bust out the Netflix, and have a great Valentine’s Day! 

Images courtesy of: College Humor, imagesbuddy.com, Urban Outfitters, bookingconnection.com, Tumblr, WordPress, Etsy, and J Crew