pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 5 Cutest Commencement Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Every graduating University of Michigan Collegiette is preparing for the unavoidable big day that’s around the corner. Spring Commencement 2013 is happening in a little over a month at the Big House with Twitter CEO, Dick Costolo, as keynote speaker. This is a time of transition and stress for seniors: buying your cap and gown, purchasing a diploma frame, applying for graduation, and searching for full time job opportunities or grad schools. On top of that, another thing many Collegiette’s are worried about is what to wear underneath your honor cords on May 4th! Don’t worry – HerCampus has got you covered with the cutest dresses on the web. Here are the Top 5 Commencement Dresses on the Web for a girl on a budget!

1) Heart Print Surplice Dress ($24.80, available at Forever21.com)

This incredibly affordable and adorable dress includes an attached belt with two color options between red and blue. The cream messy heart shaped spots gives the dress a fun and flirty look without being elementary. The high ruffled collar is great to rock red lipstick to bring attention to your face and allows the mid-thigh length dress to be 100% appropriate and sexy at the same time. 

2)  Blinded Love Dress ($68.00, available at NastyGal.com)

Although a Collegiette may see “Nastygal.com” and assume their dresses may be over the top in funkiness for commencement, this dress is absolutely perfect to go underneath your cap and gown. The bright neon coral color and sewn eyelet pattern all over the dress are perfect for spring. The a-line skirt with many layers underneath make the dress flattering for anyone of any size. 

3) Into Thin Flare Cream and Yellow Peplum Dress ($50, available at LuLus.com) 

My personal favorite is this Into Thin Flaire Cream and Yellow Peplum Dress from Lulus. The look seems way more expensive than the great price tag, making it available for any girl to look great at graduation. The slight peplum helps hide anything that you may not want to be seen but the colors (available in mint or spring yellow) highlight all your features. This dress is wonderful for commencement. 

4) Lady of the Lace Sea Green Lace Dress ($54, available at LuLus.com) 

With a four star review on the website, this A-line mid-thigh dress is on trend right now. With your fresh tan from Spring Break, the sea green lace over a mint green shift will be flattering on most skin colors. What’s unique about this dress is its collar. It’s a high collar with a button on the top that you can clasp or undo to look and feel great during one of the most important days of your ife. 

5) Jagged Edges Dress ($48.00, available at NastyGal.com) 

The Jagged Edges Dress embodies everything a girl could ask for: flattering, slimming and sexy! The color is a unique jewel-tone purple that will be sure to get you noticed once you take off the cap and gown. The unique collar from the should sleeves will also make all your friends ask you if they can borrow it for the next cocktail party. Although sexy, the dress hits above the knee with an appropriate 

Whether you prefer understated dresses with a focus on being professional or if you’re looking for an opportunity to show off your flair one last time in Ann Arbor, browsing through these websites and online may be your best bet to reach the largest sales closets for commencement. Good luck and for forever, Go Blue!

Lizzie Mac is originally from Grand Rapids, MI and is currently a senior at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She is a dual concentrator in Communication Studies and Chinese Studies. She is also a proud sister of Sigma Kappa Sorority.