Top 10 TV and Movie Couples You Wanna Be This V-Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Wondering which TV/movie couple you and your S/O are most like? Or, are you looking for a list of TV shows or movies to watch on this Valentine’s day so you can live vicariously through the happy couples? Look no further – I’ve got you covered.

Nathan & Hayley Scott (One Tree Hill)

Despite an ulterior motive, you two fell in love in your early teens and are pretty much invincible together. Not even fame, injuries, kidnappings, or evil parents can tear the two of you apart. Even though you accidently got started on your family a bit early, it just gave you that many more years to love one another.

Marshall & Lily (How I Met Your Mother)

You guys have been in love since the moment you first locked eyes. Everyone comes to you for relationship advice because you’ve been together forever. You’re definitely the most stable couple in your friend group, even though you’re also by far the weirdest.

Noah & Allie (The Notebook)

You two had the most flirty, passionate, fun love affair from the get-go. Though your parents weren’t entirely supportive and tried to keep you apart, you found your way back to each other years later and it was as if you didn’t lose any time. You two make one of the most iconic love stories that all other girls envy.

Ross & Rachel (Friends)

On again, off again, on again, off again… but ultimately on again. He’s been in love with you for ages, you just needed to take you time to realize he’s your lobster. Everyone else knew you guys would end up together in the end. You two are best friends and practically made for each other – constantly laughing and always enjoying each other’s company.

Harry & Sally (When Harry Met Sally)

After 3 months (and 12 years) you finally wound up together. You had a rocky start and really hated each other but eventually started to warm up to one another. Naturally, you became best friends – nearly inseparable. Then, on one difficult night, you two wound up in bed together. Despite an awkward few weeks thereafter, he chased you down to profess his love for you, because you guys were made to be.

Jonathan & Sarah (Serendipity)

You believe in fate – and this relationship was definitely that. In merely one night out, you fell for each other, but never pursued anything. Despite dating other people in the meantime, you never got him out of your head, and you both eventually went back to find each other. Your love story may have spanned over a few years of not seeing each other, but you never lost hope.

Jacob & Hannah (Crazy, Stupid, Love)

You started falling in love with your S/O only to find out that you’ve been friends with one of his parents for ages, never knowing they had a son. Tensions were high between you and his mom/dad when you all figured out what was going on, but you made it through. Your silly, laid back personas really connected you guys and made all the familial strife worthwhile.

Amanda & Graham (The Holiday)

You fell in love while on vacation, never thinking it would surpass the few weeks you were away. Nevertheless, really falling in love was rare for you, so when you started to get the ~feels~ you knew you’d have to find a way to make it work. Not even the Atlantic Ocean could keep you two apart.

Meredith & Derek (Greys Anatomy)

You went from dark & twisty to a hopeless romantic because of your S/O. The best part is that you get to see him at home and at work – so you can both be adorably coupley and do truly groundbreaking work. You built a beautiful life together and never stopped loving one another, even through hardship. Unfortunately, a disaster ended your relationship earlier than anticipated.

Jim & Pam (The Office)

Through constant flirting, quirky jokes, and playing pranks on a shared friend, you two got closer and closer. Eventually, you started dating, fell madly in love, and got married, though the quirky jokes and pranks never ended. You make the most adorable couple that everyone just swoons over and that never goes away.

Photos courtsey of Giphy.com, Tumblr, Cosmo, Rockettes, Btglifestyle, Pop Sugar, Fanpop, and GitHub