This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

So its fall…I think? With the inconsistent and unpredictable weather here in our good ole Midwest Michigan, it’s a little hard to tell.  But not to worry, that autumn chill is just around the corner and sweaters are the best way to stay cozy and effortlessly fabulous.

1.     Cardi Party

Cardigans are fall essentials (and one of my personal favs). They can be paired with a casual dress with a lighter weight t-shirt or top with skinny jeans and riding boots and so much more. The options are endless. Perfect for between season weather 

NastyGal: $68.00

2. Mixed Materials

Sweaters don’t have to be all sweater. Pair a sweater with mesh or other material detailing for a sleek fall look

NastyGal: $88.00

3. Who Said Big Was Bad

Oversized sweaters with a lot of room are great for a chilly day. Paired with jeans, leggings, and calf or ankle boots with a little peak –a –boo of wool socks, they’re a great way to stay warm, comfy and look great with minimal effort

Forever 21: $22.80

4. Drop it Low

High low has been trending all year and what better way to do it than in a sweater. Sweaters with a lower drop in the back can add a little flair to a simple outfit

H&M: $34.95

5. Colors and Shapes and Patterns Oh My

Pair a fun patterned sweater or cardigan with jeans or leggings and boots for a very vintage or bold look

Urban Outfitters: $59.00