Starbucks Must-Haves From a Former Barista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

If you love Starbucks, you probably already have your go-to order, and while ordering a caramel macchiato or mocha frappucino is nice, here are some lesser-known but still delicious drinks to try from a former Starbucks barista.

Espresso Frappucino with White Chocolate Mocha (or anything with WCM)

The white chocolate mocha frapp doesn’t have nearly as much recognition and appreciation that it deserves. Your life will change the moment you try this one. However, you must make sure to order it as an espresso frapp with white chocolate mocha because that’s the only way it tastes good (definitely not with the traditional frapp roast syrup, which is a coffee syrup). Seriously! If you’re not a frapp person, any drink (lattes or iced coffee) with WCM tastes amazing — it’s just that good of a flavor.

Cinnamon Dolce Latte

Nothing will warm the soul quite like a cinnamon dolce latte. The flavor is indescribable, and it also tastes supper yummy as a frapp! And don’t forget to try out the Caramel Apple Spice in the fall (available year round though), which also has the CD flavor.

Starbucks’ Version of Harry Potter’s Butterbeer

While many of you Harry Potter fans will have ordered this one already, you would be surprised how many don’t know that Starbucks has a butterbeer recipe. While some baristas know how to make it, in case you order from one who doesn’t, here is the recipe. This recipe doesn’t include vanilla bean, but it is sometimes made with it, and personally I think it tastes better with vanilla bean.

Steamers? Perfect for a Cold!

In case you didn’t know, steamers are warmed milk with any flavor. There is no caffeine, which is perfect when you need something to soothe your sore throat or want something sweet but without the extra energy.

Caramel Macchiato Frappucino

Did you know you could get a caramel macchiato frapp?! Just order a vanilla bean frapp and tell your barista to add espresso shots (1 for tall, 2 for grande or venti) and caramel on top (with whip too if you want!).

Images Courtesy of: Sophia Christos, Huffington Post, Pinterest, and Giphy

I'm a senior at the University of Michigan majoring in English with a sub-concentration of creative writing and minoring in entrepreneurship. I love to read, write, create, and try new things. I enjoy life's little moments and love spending the day working in a cafe with a nice cup of coffee.
Em M

U Mich

Em is a senior at the University of Michigan, studying English and Psychology. Go Blue!