Scarves and Beanies and Furs… Oh, My!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Welcome back from winter break at our good ole’ U of M means slushy snow, frosty winds, and frigid temperatures. As Michiganders (whether born and raised or identity bestowed by way of Wolverine status), we are pros at navigating sometimes dreadful winter weather. While warmth must be our first and foremost priority, it is in fact possible to be simultaneously warm and fabulous while bracing brutal winter winds. Here are three essential winter accessories that prove bundled-up can be sexy too. 

1. The Chunky Oversized Scarf 

I must admit that in the past I was a bit afraid of the chunky scarf like I’m afraid of the turtleneck. But, this wonderfully chunky accessory is everything you need to keep your neck (and face if need be) the coziest and warmest. 

2. The Beanie

For some time now, the beanie has been our most loyal winter companion. Why end that now?

3. The Faux Fur

If there is any way to glam something up, it’s with fur. For fabulous, effortless (AND warm) style, throw on a fun faux fur accessory. 

Images courtesy of ASOS, Urban Outfitters, and NastyGal.