This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Dearest Scorekeepers,

For this letter’s sake, I’ll address you by your full name. It feels more proper this way. I’m not really sure where to begin with you because you really are one of a kind (or so you’d like to think.) TBH, Scorekeepers, you’re pretty frickin’ cocky, but somehow it doesn’t feel like it’s entirely your fault. We’ve sort of made you this way. I’m not sure if you asked for this or where it all began, but somehow you’ve become the undergraduate population’s equivalent of the male species in a woman’s life- we can’t live with you, and we certainly can’t live without you. We might complain about you, talk shit to our friends about you, or say we’re done with you, but at the end of the day, we’re still lining up for you.

With your sticky floors and overplayed playlists, you’ve set yourself up as the most natural transition from the familiarity of the precious frat house basement to a “real people” bar. Like the ex we can’t get over, we’re wasting minutes, hours, and nights thinking about you, and on more than one occasion, we’re embarrassed to admit we’ve probably cried over you. We may have given you one or two ID’s as a token of our gratitude, or perhaps you’ve been so lucky as to receive a large chunk of our ca$h, so that we’re guaranteed access to you (does that not awkwardly sound like prostitution?). But, regardless of what you’ve taken from us- you’ve given us just as much. From one-night stands to full blown relationships, from awkward run-ins to broken limbs and, most importantly, $12 pitchers to free Skeeps “M” pictures, you’ve provided us with a priceless (no cover on Tuesdays) four years of a college experience packed into one 400 square foot space.

Even though at the end of the day you’re really just a sports bar that looks super awkward in broad daylight and shadily serves unreal chicken fingers, you and I both know you’re actually so much more than that. You’re one of the defining factors of our four years at this school, you’re the sense of nostalgia we’ll feel when we look back on our UMich experience, and you’ve certainly managed to leave your mark on everyone you’ve BEEN in contact with (evident when watching any recent grad’s snap story’d return to school captioned, “bAAck @ Skeeps!!”) So, keep doin’ you boo. I have a feeling you’ll be kickin’ for a while. You’re the best, but at the same time- you’re the absolute worst.

Sincerely, fondly, and begrudgingly,

The undergrads