NY Fashion Week 2014 Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

The beginning of September marks the start of fashion’s favorite event: New York Fashion Week. Designers take over New York City as they present their Spring 2015 Ready-to-Wear collections to fashionistas from around the globe. Although I would have loved to be in New York for the action, I was here in Ann Arbor. But I was able to keep up with all the shows online. Here are just a few of my many favorite collections for Spring 2015.

Rachel Zoe never fails to impress with her designs. Her style is essentially “LA” and her collection was flawless. 

I absolutely love this one shoulder, Grecian style dress. It’s classy and timeless.

Rachel Zoe knocks it out of the part with this white mini dress. The black detailing gives it an edgy look.

Alice and Olivia designer Stacey Bendet took inspiration from modern art installations and the ‘70s in her Spring 2015 Collection.

I am obsessed with these high waisted wide legged orange pants. They are amazing, and look great with the beaded crop top.

This lavender gown has beautiful cut outs, and will be perfect for spring. It feels light and whimsical.

For J.Mendel Spring 2015, Gilles Mendel collaborated with artist Enoc Perez. Mendel was inspired by Perez’s painting of buildings, which he emulated in the collection.

I love the deep v-neck and the graphic print of this dress!

This gown is beautiful. The black, white and yellow color blocking looks great, and the front slit gives the gown a unique personality.

These are just a few of the amazing looks and designers from New York Fashion Week 2015. If you want to know more visit Style.com!