Michael Lokey, Class of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Name: Michael Lokey

Year: Junior

Major: Business

Hometown: Northville, Michigan

Fun Fact: Abraham Lincoln is my 6th cousin.

Campus Involvement: I’m a member of Delta Sigma Pi, one of the business fraternities on campus. I’m also pretty involved in my church. Shout-out to the Methodists out there…

Relationship Status: Single 

Her Campus: What is your favorite part about attending the University of Michigan?

Michael Lokey: Football Saturdays are great. I’m also kind of obsessed with my business communications lecturer, Sarah Zimmerman. Am I allowed to say that? 

HC: What are your hobbies?

ML: I’m a huge fan of skiing and snowboarding, and I love hanging out with my friends and family. 

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

ML: Kate Middleton. 100%. 

HC: What is your dream job?

ML: If money weren’t a factor, I’d be a stay-at-home dad. That’d be the best life. 

HC: What is your ideal first date?

ML: Dinner at a nice restaurant, then we’d do some outdoor ice-skating (winter is cool) and we would finish off by hanging out. 

HC: What is your best advice for girls in the dating world?

ML: Girls should be outgoing and ready to have fun, but they shouldn’t take themselves too seriously or try too hard to impress. Girls who are themselves are the most fun to be around. 

HC: Where do you want to be ten years from now?

ML: I want to be an entrepreneur. Hopefully, in ten years, I’ll be running my own business or two. I want to be married with the thought of starting a family.