Kelsey Mannarino: WOLV-TV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Major: American Culture

Year: Junior

Hometown: Dearborn, Michigan

Fun Fact: I only have four senses; I was born without the sense of smell.

Her Campus: What clubs or organizations are you currently involved with on campus, and what are your roles in them?

Kelsey Mannarino: I am a producer for WOLV-TV, and I am on-air for three of their shows. Newsfeed, which is the news show, Wake Up With WOLV, which is like the Today show or GMA, and I am on Entertainment Buzz, which is like E News. I am also a member of Big Ticket Productions, which is a club here on campus that puts on a concert with major artists in the fall and in the spring. 

HC: Can you tell me more about WOLV-TV?

KM: WOLV-TV is a completely student run television network on campus, and it airs online on Vimeo and on our website wolvtv.org. There are around ten different shows, ranging from News, to Sports, to Entertainment. It is a really cool way to get involved and to make friends. Almost everyone who is a member of WOLV ends up having a job lined up for him or her for when they graduate. Our General Manager currently works for Funny or Die and many have worked for CBS and NBC. 

HC: Who can join WOLV-TV and how?

KM: Anyone can join WOLV-TV. We have a mass meeting during each semester where you can sign up to be put on a show, and you can be behind the scenes or on camera. We also have a booth at Festifall, NorthFest, and WinterFest, and you can always go to wolvtv.org and click the contact button on the top of the site.

HC: What has been your most memorable moment on campus?

KM: The most memorable moment on campus was when Jim Harbaugh was sitting right in front of me at the Lil Dicky and Vic Mensa concert. It was so cool. I helped him get to his seat and then I took a selfie with him!

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do on campus?

KM: I like to just explore campus when it’s nice. I like getting the fresh air and roaming around while people watching.

HC: After your two years here, what advice would you give to incoming freshman?

KM: If you are stressed, talk to someone because it will definitely help. Talk to an academic advisor to figure out classes. You don’t have to graduate in four years. If you need to, take your time. U of M is a hard school, and you can change your major if it isn’t for you. I was struggling in my major and then I switched and it was the best decision I ever made. 

HC: Anything else you’d like to add?

KM: Go Blue!

Ashley Preston is a Junior majoring in Communication Studies. She enjoys college football more than the average girl and hopes to someday work in the field of college sports. Ashley is currently a communications intern at the Michigan Athletic Department. Her favorite food is popcorn and she loves to spend her summers camping with family. Follow her on twitter @aprezt0n or on Insta @anpresto!