Jess Ender: Skinnygirl Daily’s Campus Leader

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Last week I got the chance to sit down and chat with Jess Ender, a junior in the Ross School of Business. This past summer Jess interned at Skinnygirl Daily, the health and nutrition line of reality television star and entrepreneur, Bethenny Frankel.  Skinnygirl Daily is a brand that’s dedicated to helping on-the-go women lead healthy and balanced lives.  As an intern, Jess was approached to be apart of the Skinnygirl Daily Campus Ambassador Program and is now the Campus Leader at the University of Michigan.  She filled me in about all that the brand has to offer for us college girls!

HC: So what exactly is Skinnygirl Daily?

JE: Skinnygirl Daily is a lifestyle and wellness brand created for the on-the-go woman.  “Skinnygirl” isn’t referring to stereotypically model-skinny girls but rather, the healthy, interesting, accomplished and fun girl who is true to herself and in tune with her body.  The company promotes the idea that proper health and nutrition doesn’t have to be boring and complicated, but rather can be easy, affordable, trendy and fun!  A skinny girl is the on-the-go girl who seeks balance in her life and our brand provides that to her with our nutrition bars and vitamin supplements.

HC: How did you first get involved with the Skinnygirl Daily team?

JE: Well I’ve always been a huge fan of the Skinnygirl Brand and of course, Bethenny Frankel.  I reached out last year to them after I heard about an internship opportunity and they said that they were hiring for summer positions and were also looking to start a campus ambassador program.  My interest in business, health and nutrition drew me to the opportunity and we began work in early May 2013.  The program has been a dream of our company brand manager since she first started working with the company and a big part of my work this summer was helping her develop the program into what it is now.

HC: What is the Campus Ambassador Program?

JE: The Skinnygirl Daily Campus Ambassador Program is an opportunity for girls to be a liaison between Skinnygirl Daily and their own university. Student Ambassador’s assignment work consists of building relationships with the students and faculty to further the awareness and use of Skinnygirl Daily products and services.  Unlike many other campus ambassador programs, we are not only promoting the Skinnygirl Daily brand, but also the lifestyle.  We want to be an outlet for girls who want healthy tips for eating in the dining hall or are looking to incorporate a workout into their hectic class schedule.  What we want to do is adjust the Skinnygirl Daily brand to fit the college girl’s daily life.

HC: Are there any future events coming up on campus?

JE: So far we’ve been giving out promotional items on campus such as sunglasses and chapsticks in addition to bar samples. We are also offering a discounted Barre class series at the Barre Bee Fit studio in Ann Arbor for 8 weeks that is starting on September 29th.  We also have a tailgate planned for the Minnesota game where we will be giving out free swag items! To sign up for the class series go to Barrebeefit.com/studios/ann-arbor and check under the events tab!

Like us on Facebook and Instagram @skinnygirldaily

If you are interested in bringing the Skinnygirl Daily Campus Program to your college or University, email jlaurender@gmail.com for more information