The iPhone Hits the Shelves at Verizon Today!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Recently, Apple announced that Verizon will release the iPhone on February 10th, 2011. The phone that will now be carried by the largest phone network in America will bring new opportunities to U-M students. The iPhone is the trendiest phone for girls. With such a wide variety of designer cases to choose from, such as those made by Kate Spade, the iPhone is the ideal fashion accessory for college females. Besides the hip look of this phone model, it is also highly accessible. With a variety of applications and quicker browsers available than even the Blackberry model, iPhones are the current Hollywood “It Girl” of technology. Overall, Verizon is known for their good service in many locations, so now the iPphone will become even more popular!

Particularly at the University of Michigan, the coming of the iPhone to Verizon will be epic. There will be many long lasting positive effects, and this will be evident in classroom contexts. With many learning options on the iPhone available, such as study flash card tools and the easy access to connect to wireless Internet, it has the potential to lead to more technology being incorporated into learning. Online learning tools, such as E-books, are becoming more popular and the iPhones will make these books easier to access along with other E-learning tools. There is also a University of Michigan application that provides information about classes, building locations, and bus routes. This will make the Michigan campus easier to navigate for new students.  However, many Blackberry and android fanatics will continue to use their phones. Loyal Blackberry user, Chloe Logan, told Her Campus UMich, “I’m a Blackberry girl, so I’ll never buy the iPhone.” However, most U-M students are enthusiastic about the coming of the iPhone to Verizon. An excited U-M female student stated, “I have been a Verizon customer for years now and have been waiting for the iPhone to come.”

Nikki is a senior at the University of Michigan double majoring in English and Communication Studies.  In addition to Her Campus, Nikki is also involved in Ed2010, The Forum-Michigan's Greek Life Newspaper, Alpha Delta Pi, and Gamma Sigma Alpha.  In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, playing guitar, going on bike rides, and traveling.  Her guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip sites, Glee, and chocolate chip cookies.