The Hottest Summer Concerts of 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

The weather’s warm, your workload’s light, and you’ve been dying to see your favorite artists live. No matter where in the country you’re hanging out this summer, one of these acts is bound to be a short car ride away. Just choose a genre, purchase your tickets, and rock on!

Pop/Rock

Taylor Swift

No summer is complete without some Swifty. Catch her in any major city before she jets off to Australia this fall.

Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z

JT and Jay-Z? Seriously? This incredible duo will be performing into February of next year, so if you don’t score tickets this summer, don’t worry – you have plenty of time.

Beyonce

Queen Bey kicked off her Mrs. Carter tour in Serbia this April, stunning concertgoers with her bold sequined bodysuit. After a few cancelled tour dates, leading some tabloids to report a second pregnancy, Bey should be back on the road in June.

Classic Rock

The Eagles

This forty-two (forty-two!) year old band will kick off the summer leg of their tour early next month. See these rock veterans perform in many major cities throughout the summer and fall.

Fleetwood Mac

Rock veteran and total badass, Stevie Nicks, tours this summer with the rest of the Fleetwood Mac gang. They’ll be hitting Detroit this week!

The Rolling Stones

Your parents will probably agree to cover the cost of the tickets for this one – if you’re okay with them tagging along. No matter what, it’s worth it to see these classic rock legends live.

Indie

Mumford & Sons

These adorable British rockers kicked off their summer tour at Sasquatch Fest in Washington and are soon headed to a city near you! Check them out at Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, or the Telluride Bluegrass Festival – or just on their own.

The Lumineers

No one can stop humming their catchy hit “Ho Hey,” so why not sing it along with them live? Catch them at several music festivals this summer, like Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, and Firefly, or headlining their own concerts this fall.

She & Him

Catch the adorable Zooey Deschanel in tons of cities across the country. If you’re in NYC this summer, see the duo in Central Park in July. You can even watch them right on the University of Michigan campus – they’ll be at Hill Auditorium on July 1.

Country

Luke Bryan

See this country crooner anywhere from Phoenix to Syracuse this summer. He’ll be touring well into October, so you have plenty of time to get tickets.

Zac Brown Band

Due to overwhelming demand for their tickets, this group has added several shows to their U.S. tour this summer. Check them out in any major city and, like many other summer acts, they’ll be touring in the fall, too.

Miranda Lambert

Fresh off two big wins at the CMT Music Awards, Miranda Lambert will be performing in many cities this summer. In the past, she’s gotten stellar reviews from critics and fans alike, so you know it’ll be good.