Fashionista, Jill Noeh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

HC: How did you get into fashion/what inspired you?

JN: My interest in fashion began in the beginning of high school. I used to be a huge tomboy and didn’t wear anything but sweatpants and sweatshirts. After discovering designer Tory Burch and her journey from tomboy to fashion icon, my interest in the fashion industry grew. My interest in fashion is fostered through my grandma. She has her own unique style and always looks good. In addition, I  am inspired by publications like Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue.

HC: I know that you’re apart of SHEI, but can you tell us a little more about the magazine and what it offers students?

JN: SHEI is a student-run fashion publication at Michigan. There are many different teams within the magazine such as fashion (which I am on), communications, business, literature and photo. Each team meets once per week to discuss photo shoots and upcoming events for the magazine. Last year I had the opportunity to work on a photo shoot at the Ann Arbor airport and at a farm in Ohio, which were both great experiences. I also planned SHEI’s Annual Charity Fashion show, which was a huge success. SHEI is a great way for students who love fashion to be involved on campus!

HC: Tell us about your position as a Brand Specialist for ASOS.com. What do you do?

JN: As a Brand Specialist for ASOS.com, my responsibilities include promoting the website. Through social media postings and on campus events, the #ASOSUMich team is working with YMC Youth Marketing to generate awareness of ASOS. For those of you unfamiliar with ASOS, it is an online shopping destination. From dresses and shoes to sweaters and accessories, it is a one shop shopping experience. If you’re ever looking for ASOS freebies and discounts come find me!

HC: Alongside that, you’re a Style Guru Intern at College Fashionista. What’s your involvement in the website?

JN: I started writing for CollegeFashionista this past summer. As a Style Guru, I write an editorial piece with original photos each week. My job is to capture the latest trends at Michigan and of course make these Fashionistas campus celebrities.

HC: What made you decide to start your own fashion blog, jillnoeh.com?

JN: I started my own fashion blog j., at the beginning of freshman year. I decided to create my own blog because I had been reading other peoples fashion blogs and was inspired by their work. In addition, I spoke in depth with individuals I know in the industry and they all believed it was a great way to showcase what inspires me and what I love. Sorry for the lack of updates recently!

HC: Do you think your future job will include fashion considering how many awesome fashion-related things you’re involved in?

JN: My ultimate goal is to become a buyer for a designer or an upscale department store. I’m hoping all the experiences I’ve had in college will someday put me on path to reach this goal in addition to meeting great people along the way!