Dress like a Guy, Look like a Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

The new hot trends have actually been taking tips from guys. This blog will show you how to dress like a guy, while looking like a girl. It’s a mix of a grunge and relaxed look that is polished enough to give it a feminine edge. Here’s how to make tomboy look chic:

Timberland boots ($180) 

These are typical winter books for guys, but have been seen on various celebrities like Khloe Kardashian and Rihanna. You can wear them with jeans or leggings, plus they will keep you warm in the winter. The actual Timberland boots are pricey, but you can find knock-offs at Forever 21 for a fraction of the price.

Flannel (Target, $24.99) 

Borrow a guy’s flannel and make it look girly. While both girls and guys have been sporting flannels lately, you can take a guys flannel and tie it at the bottom to make it look different and feminine.

Boyfriend jeans (Revolve clothing, $140) 

The slouchy, oversized boyfriend jeans look is very popular right now. You should wear them with something tighter on top like a sweater or t-shirt. They look cute with low boots, ballet flats, or Converse.

Sweaters (JCrew, $64.50) 

Buy a guy’s sweater for an oversized look that you can wear with leggings. You can accessorize and add a scarf to make the look cuter. But the size of guy’s sweaters are perfect and less form fitting than women’s sweaters.