Anna Fuller, Shei Magazine Editor in Chief

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

When it comes to high fashion, look no further than our very own campus. Shei Magazine is our university’s student-run fashion magazine. From photo shoots to events and everything in between, this talented group of young fashionistas has taken what it means to be a student publication to a whole new level. Her Campus had the opportunity to speak with Anna Fuller, the mastermind and editor in chief behind Shei Magazine.

Hometown: East Lansing, MI

Major: Women’s Studies

Class Standing: Senior

Extracurriculars: SHEI Magazine (Editor in Chief), Ceen by Anna C. (personal blog)

Her Campus: How and when did you become involved with Shei Magazine?

Anna Fuller: I joined SHEI my freshman year as a member of the PR team.

HC: What is your favorite part about Shei Magazine?

AF: As Editor in Chief I love being involved in all aspects of productions and business—photo shoots, marketing, event planning, editing articles, etc. 

HC: How did you obtain the position of Editor in Chief?

AF: I worked my way up. Freshman year I was a PR & Fashion team member, Sophomore year I was the Fashion Editor, Junior year I was the Brand Development Director. It took a lot of hard work, dedication and leadership to reach the position of Editor in Chief. 

HC: What kinds of doors has Shei Magazine opened for you?

AF: SHEI Magazine has allowed me to make connections with many business owners and retailers in the Ann Arbor community. SHEI is also an important part of my résumé and it has lead me to many opportunities in sales, styling and blogging

HC: Do you want to pursue a career in fashion once you graduate? If not, what are your aspirations for the future?

AF: I plan on working in fashion upon graduating. I would love to be a personal stylist.

HC: What advice do you have for girls looking to break in to the fashion industry?

AF: Go above and beyond your job responsibilities. Don’t be afraid to get outside of your comfort zone. Find your personal style and own it. 

HC: When you aren’t busy running a magazine, what are your favorite things to do?

AF: My favorite thing to do (aside from SHEI) is styling photo shoots for my blog, ceenbyannac.com. I also love cooking and hosting dinner parties for friends/family. 

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we asked Anna what she loves about this family holiday.

HC: Do you and your family have any special Thanksgiving traditions?

AF: My family’s thanksgiving tradition is to invite family friends over whose families may not live near by, and have one big thanksgiving with a mélange of everyone’s favorite foods. 

HC: What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

AF: I’m vegan, so my favorite dish would have to be baked sweet potatoes with garlic.

HC: Do you participate in Black Friday? Or Cyber Monday?

AF: This year, I am participating in Giving Blue Day to help raise money for SHEI Magazine.

HC: What are you most looking forward to this Thanksgiving?

AF: I am most looking forward to the long Thanksgiving weekend. It’s nice to have a few extra days off (though my work for SHEI never stops!)