This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Last semester she traveled the world on Semester at Sea and next year she is dedicating her year to teaching underprivileged children; Allison Lipschutz is this week’s Campus Cutie! 

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Bloomfield, MI

Fun Fact: I created an instagram for mason jars and for my dog! (follow me @jarsbymason @terstagram) 

Her Campus: What are your hobbies?

Allison Lipschutz: I am addicted to hot yoga, but my real hobby is making brownies (chocolate cookies are my favorite, though!)

HC: Where was your favorite place you visited abroad?

AL: Vietnam!

HC: What are your plans for next year?

AL: I am working for City Year in Chicago.

HC: What is City Year?

AL: City Year is a teaching program that goes to underprivileged communities to try and give the children a more positive and beneficial education. They live by the goal to make better happen and try and achieve that in Chicago Public Schools that need more support.

HC: What made you decide to work there?

AL: I want to advocate for and positively impact the lives of children who experience obstacles to their education and success. I am committed to making a significant impact on at risk children and help them stay on a positive track.

HC: What are your plans for the future?

AL: I want to go to law school. I am a criminal justice minor here and that is what got me interested in law. I want to help people who may not be able to afford the proper advocacy.