This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.
After Alli Johnson was noimated for the Her Campus celeb of the week, we decided to check out the 21 year old Michigan medical engineering student. We found out she loves the beach and lakes, enjoys snowboarding in the winter, her favorite food is pizza, and she hopes to run a marathon within the next year. Still, she’s not your tpyical college student: Alli is on a mission to improve womens’ health through a program here at U of M called CHAARG. 

“Changing Health Attitudes and Actions to Recreate Girls [CHAARG] is a women’s health and fitness organization,” said Johnson. “Our mission is to ‘liberate girls from the elliptical’ and help them to ‘find their fit’. We aim to create a motivating, inspiring and supportive community of girls interested in health and fitness. I am so thankful to be the Ambassador for Michigan CHAARG because of all the amazing girls I have gotten to know who share my same passions. It is truly inspiring to see girls from all fitness levels set and crush their goals through the support of CHAARG!” 

She found out about CHAARG through an email in Fall 2013 and knew she had to get involved.

“As a competitive dancer and runner in highschool, I loved being active,” said Johnson. “This passion continued when I came to college where I was known for my love of working out by my friends and sorority sisters — I was always trying to find workout buddies! As one of the first 5 CHAARG chapters, I helped to bring CHAARG to the University of Michigan campus last Fall when I served as the Event Coordinator. Currently in our third semester on campus we already have over 150 members! Each week we meet on campus to workout with local fitness instructors trying a different type of workout each week — kickboxing, hip hop, yoga, TRX, etc. We also meet in smaller groups every week to workout and get to know each other a little better. Not only do we connect with Mich CHAARG girls, but we are able to connect with the 2500+ girls from the 13 other universities CHAARG has expanded to through social media, retreats, and other National CHAARG events. CHAARG has made such a positive impact on my life and I am so excited to be able to share my passion with all my CHAARG girls!”

Alli is ready to CHAARG ahead and revamp the health and fitness of college girls. Watch out world, here comes Alli! 

Interested in getting invovled with CHAARG? Visit CHAARG.com/shop to become a member or email michchaarg@gmail.com with any questions!