burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Wear Flannels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

In a world where the 90’s are making a comeback, one of the biggest pieces from the past popping up everywhere are flannels. Whether you get them from Forever 21, the thrift store, or your grandpa’s closet, flannels are super easy to get your hands on and they can be paired with almost any outfit. Here are five ways you can rock flannels:

1. Classic

This is simplists way to wear a flannel. Just throw it over a basic white tee and pair it with leggings and you’ve got a classic outfit that is super comfy and will never go out of style. It’s perfect for this early spring weather. 

2. Mixed Patterns

Plaid may be a statement pattern, but that doesn’t mean the rest of your outfit can only consist of solid colors. Match a colored flannel with a black and white striped tee for a different take on the classic flannel look. Mixing different types of plaid has been popping up in stores and on Instagram. 

3. Tied Around the Waist

Flannels are super versatile. In the months where it’s 65 degrees during the day and drops down to 30 degrees once the sun goes down, flannels are your best friend. Tie them around your waist when it’s hot and throw them on once it gets a little chilly. Tying flannels around your waist gives you a bit more a shape and adds a cool, grungy vibe to any outfit!

4. Dress it Up

Who says flannels can only be worn with baggy tees and ripped jeans? A flannel can be the perfect addition to a cute dress and knee-high socks. It’s perfect for brunch with the girls, or even a date! While flannels have the reputation for giving off a more grungy vibe, wearing a flannel over a flowy dress is the perfect way to make it a little girlier.

5. Dress it Down

Flannels may be the most comfortable article of clothing to ever exist. They’re perfect when you wake up late and only have 5 minutes to get ready for your 9 a.m. Throw it on over a graphic tee and legging and no one will ever know you just rolled out of bed. 

Images courtesy  pinterest.com.