diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Steps to a Successful Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Attention: this is a Public Service Announcement.

*The intended audience is people who choose to walk slowly. This is not directed at anyone who faces physical or mental barriers in their ability to walk.

OK: Sometimes I wonder if there is anything I can change in my daily life to make things a bit easier. Mostly though, I wonder if there’s anything I can teach the public to make all of our lives easier. I’ve come to the conclusion that there is a very simple solution to many of our problems. 

1. Walk faster.

1. Super tired from not getting enough sleep last night? Damn. Shame. You could add a few more minutes to your sleep cycle if you just WALKED FASTER TO CLASS. You get to wake up later if you hustle harder. Facts.

2. Walk faster.

1. Is it raining? Snowing? Hot? Cold? Chances are that no one walking behind you wants to be outside any longer than they have to. Pick up the pace. 

3. Walk faster.

1. Stressed about all those readings you have? Internship applications? Projects? Interviews? Help me help you alleviate your stress by encouraging you to send it to the library in a more efficient fashion. Speed. Walk.

4. Walk faster.

1. Worried about not having enough time in the day to hit the gym? No worries. Strengthen those quads, calves, and glutes by treating your walk to class as a part of your work out. Get those steps in.

5. Walk faster.

1. Still embarrassed about accidentally walking into that pole because you were texting? Get off your phone so that you don’t have to be a danger to yourself and others. Plus, you can walk faster when you give every walk your ~all~. ;)  

It’s not cute to take your sweet time getting to class. The power is in your hands. Make the most of your day by increasing the time you have to get work done, sleep, eat, exercise, live, chill, and hang with your pals. This is a truly innovative realization. Seize the day. Stop moseying to class. 

Pro tip: Stay to the RIGHT.  

Image courtesy of: Clare Duckworth

Just tryin' to spread my unconventional wisdom in a semi-conventional way. 
Em M

U Mich

Em is a senior at the University of Michigan, studying English and Psychology. Go Blue!