toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Michigan-Specific Halloween Costumes to Wear This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

It’s fun to dress up like a black cat or a princess, but honestly, you could do that anywhere. Also, this is Michigan, and we’re way more clever than that. Try one of these Michigan-specific costumes–it’s like a wearable inside joke between you and 24,000 of your best friends.

Freshman

What you need:

• Michigan lanyard
  • Splash Bash tank top

Relive your first Welcome Week by dressing as a puppy-eyed first-year student. Bonus points if you get lost on the way to a frat party, get sprayed head-to-toe with beer, and end the night by ordering Pizza House to your lofted Markley bed.

Good Time Charley’s Angel

What you need:

• Angel wings
  • Charley’s t-shirt

We’ve seen it done, but that doesn’t make it cliché. Don’t let anyone stop you from representing your favorite campus day-drinking spot.

Michigan Fan Beyoncé

What you need:

• Glittery dress/other Beyoncé-esque getup
  • Michigan foam finger

I know it was over a year ago, but I, for one, am still obsessed with that video Beyoncé recorded of her rooting for Michigan vs. Notre Dame. This isn’t such a timely costume, but if you go around showing people the video, maybe they’ll get it. I don’t know. #STILLNOTOVERIT

Ohio State Student

What you need:

• OSU t-shirt/hat
  • Sign around your neck that says “2+2 = 5?”

I know you’re worried about getting cooties from wearing an OSU shirt, but it would just be wrong to pass up an opportunity to remind OSU fans of how much they suck. 

Happy Halloween, and GO BOO!

Don’t forget to share your Halloween style with us and hashtag #GoBoo on you Instagram to enter to win Halloween treats from Her Campus Michigan!

Photo courtesy of Rachel Weisberg

Alex Weiner is a senior at the University of Michigan who loves typography, social media, dogs, and strong coffee. She divides her time (and love) between Miami, FL, where she was born and raised, and Ann Arbor, MI, where she is currently pretending that the cold doesn't bother her at all.