yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

10 Last-Minute Halloween Costumes for Your Best Halloween Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Between mid terms, recovering from the MSU game, and enjoying the beautiful weather, Halloween costumes may not be the first thing on your mind. Sometimes you need help throwing something together last minute that still looks like you gave it some thought. Here are 10 costume ideas from Her Campus Michigan if you need a little extra help!

1. Ballerina

Putting together a costume for a ballerina can be easy and fun. If you or a friend has a tutu, it will take your costume to the next level, but it is not a problem if you can’t find one. Pin your hair into a high bun, put on black tights with a black tank top or t-shirt, and a short, black flowing skirt. Ballet flats will make this costume even better!

2. Cowgirl

Fall is the perfect season for flannels, which means you are halfway to being a cowgirl! Wear your favorite pair of jeans and brown boots.  Adding a bandana will add an extra flare for your night in the wild, wild west.

3. Rosie the Riveter

In today’s modern feminist world, Rosie is an amazing symbol for what it means to be a strong woman. Dress in a denim button-up, black pants, a red headband, and you’re good to go.

4. A spy

Not only is a spy costume simple, but it would probably be fun to act as one of Charlie’s Angels for a night. All you need is your favorite black clothing and a black jacket. With such simple clothing, this is your chance to show off your makeup skills! A smoky eye and a red lip will add a perfect touch.

5. Librarian

If you have a black skirt, a collared shirt, and a book to carry with you, you’re all set! Putting your hair in an up-do and finding glasses as well will give your costume an extra bonus!

6. Hobo

Rock a flannel, large T-shirt, cut up gloves, a beanie, anything that looks like you live a life on the streets. Additionally, smudging eyeliner on your face will add a little bit of “dirt” that won’t hurt.

7. Greek Goddess

If you have bed sheets, you’re all set! Wrap yourself in a white sheet Ancient Greece style and you’re ready! For an extra touch, add gold jewelry, sandals, and a green headband. If you need a little bit of help with your toga, checkout this link!

8. Frat Star

You have a couple of different choices when it comes to this costume. You could dress in your most preppy apparel from Vineyard Vines or J. Crew. Another option is to dress in a muscle tee, Timberland boots and a sideways hat.

9. An M&M

The best part about this costume is you can wear any color you want! Dress in all one color, and print out the M&M logo to tape on your chest. For extra flare, add white gloves.

10. And of course, “I’m a mouse, duh!”

Mean Girls will never fail to be our bible for all things “girl”. Throw on a black dress with your choice of animal ears, and dance the night away.

Group Costume Bonus ideas:

The Pretty Little Liars

You can go about this in a couple of different ways. You and three of your best friends (four if you include Ali) can wear fancy black outfits with red lipstick and go as the classy liars, or you can each dress as a pretty little liar and be unique to her style. This idea is perfect for last minute because you can wear clothes you already have in your own closets!

Crayons

You and your group of friends can be colorful this halloween and each pick a Crayola crayon costume! Choose your favorite color, buy a party hat that color from the dollar store or pharmacy, and print out the Crayola logo to tape to your chest.

A sports team

Jerseys or t-shirts, face paint, atheltic shorts, and gym shoes are all you need. Not only will you be comfortable, but you will be reppin’ your favorite team with your best friends. 

Don’t forget to share your Halloween style with us and hashtag #GoBoo on you Instagram to enter to win Halloween treats from Her Campus Michigan!