Your Personal Trainer: The Nike Training Club App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Squeezing time in for the gym can be hard. Between getting ready, getting there, working out, getting home, and then showering you could be tacking on an extra two hours your schedule. We all know how incredibly important it is to remain active even when we’re stressed and swamped with schoolwork. So, I have the perfect solution for all busy collegiettes who are ready to sweat and see amazing results.

The Nike Training Club app has recently become one of my favorites on my phone. You can do it in the comfort of your home (all your need is dumb bells and a medicine ball) and you’ll get an amazing workout accomplished. The app has four different Goal categories to choose from including, Get Lean, Get Toned, Get Strong, and Get Focused.

• Get lean entails a workout consisting of high interval cardio drills to slim down.
  • Get Toned focuses on light weights and intervals to increase definition.
  • Get Strong uses increased weights and rep to build strength
  • Get Focused consists of multiple 15 minute workouts to target specific areas.

After selecting a goal category you are able to choose between three levels of workouts, beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Once you choose a level, you will be directed to a list of 30-45 minute workouts. 

You can preview each workout and each includes an amazing step-by-step instruction for what each will entail. If a drill confuses you, just tap the video camera at the top right of the screen for a visual demonstration on how to properly execute the move.

When the workout begins, an encouraging voice, (your Nike Trainer) will tell you when to move onto the next drill. Also, she gives important tips to keep in mind (keeping your back straight, where your hands should be, etc.) She also will tell you how long you will be doing each drill for.

Just when you thought this workout app couldn’t get any better, it does. The Nike Training Club allows you to make playlists, or use albums from your itunes library to keep you motivated through your workout.
Upon finishing your workout you are able to view the total time you’ve used The Nike Training Club. This screen also shows you how close you are to receiving your next reward!
Rewards vary from recipes to the personal workouts from celebrity trainers. You receive your first reward after completing 60 minutes of a Nike workout.  

The rewards and more importantly results you gain from this app are unbelievable. I won’t sugar coat it and say these workouts are easy because they’re not. However, the Nike Training Club pushes you! I’ve told so many friends about it and they are now addicted just like me. NTC is like having a personal, motivating trainer by your side to keep pushing you until you reach all your personal goals. Whether you want to get strong, toned, or increase your stamina, The Nike Training Club app will be there to help you, motivate you, and allow you to see the all the hard work you’ve accomplished. Download it today on itunes!

Deirdre Cusack

U Mass Amherst

I am a senior Communication and English major at the University of Massachusetts. I love music, food, dancing, my friends and family not in that particular order but preferably at the same time. I am an avid reader and have always had a passion for writing. I have an incurable addiction to iced coffee, popcorn, Boston sports and anything that sparkles. I hope to one day live in New York City and pursue a career at Cosmo.